The story of the company begins in 1955 in a mountainous village of Crete, at Males of Ierapetra. The companys founder was Mr. Nikolaos Brokos.  

In a small basement of not more than 80 m2 with inexistent machinery, soap production took place.

In a small caldron with a capacity of 300 kg that is placed above fire, the soap was “stewed”. The recipe is the same as the well known traditional recipe of the grandfathers in the villages of Crete. The residual of olive oil (dregs) was accumulated from barrels and was transformed into soap that was widely used as a primary means of cleaning is all kinds of washing.
In 1989, the company changed its headquarters, relocating in the Industrial Zone of Inofita (Prefecture of Viotia).

Residing now in a privately owned land of 7.000 m2 with new building establishments and new manufacturing equipment, N. BROKOS & SONS – KNOSSOS LTD continues to operate in the soap producing industry. At the same time, the company always maintains unalterable the philosophy of the traditional soap recipe.

Our products are available throughout the entire Greek Market, as well as in many countries abroad.

 
 

 © 2013 knossosoap.gr, All Rights Reserved